Review! Stila's In The Garden Eyeshadow Palette

Saturday, February 08, 2014

Today, I will be reviewing the Stila's In The Garden Eyeshadow Palette! Got this recently and I cannot wait to share my thoughts with you!



From the Stila's website:


"The new In the Garden Eye Shadow Palette is a stunning collection of Stila's award-winning eye shadows in wearable, botanical-inspired shades for every skin tone. The palette also includes an exclusive Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Starfish (black with gold and green pearl), plus an 8-page look book with detailed how-to tips and tricks.

A gorgeous, palette with 10 shades of Stila's award-winning eye shadow formula that can be worn wet or dry. "


This palette contains 10 gorgeous shades leaning towards the neutral side. The greens add a slight pop of colour without being over the top. I bought this online and the moment I saw that purple shade on the top right, I COULD NOT say no.


LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUSNESS. 



The shades and their descriptions are:

Top Row
Chinois - matte creamy white

Breeze - shimmery beige

Bark - shimmery taupe

Freesia - shimmery violet blue

Rosette - metallic pink violet


Bottom Row

Nectar - matte creamy beige

Honey - metallic bronze gold

Sage - shimmery translucent green

Moss - dark olive green with shimmer

Juniper - deep shimmery forest green


Here is a closer look at the shadows:





The eyeshadows do not disappoint at all. It is not too powdery and thus, minimal fall out. It is not as creamy like the Lorac Pro (which is one of my absolute favs), but these shadows are pigmented and blend easily despite its slightly powdery texture. Pigmentation wise, I would have to say some colours are better. One colour that stood out was Moss, the shimmery dark olive green colour. It felt like butter on my fingers when i swatched it and the colour was so rich. This colour would look wonderful in the outer V or just all over the lid if you are going for a gorgeous green smokey eye. Can't wait to use it for a look! Rosette did not dissapoint me at all too. Rich and creamy and blended like a dream. These two are the best in pigmentation, for me but the colours do stand out more vibrant over a primer, so no problem there too regarding pigmentation. For me, once applied, the colours do not differ significantly from what it looks like in the pan which is excellent too as your looks are right on the dot on how you imagined it to be. 

The eyeshadows in this palette provide many options for neutral everyday looks as well as if you wanna go sexy-smokey-seductive-vavavoom! The colours in this palette is quite highly undupable. I looked through my collection and I could not find a close match to all (which is rare considering the amount of eyeshadows I own!). 

The palette also comes with a Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in "Starfish" which is a very pretty deep olive green colour with gold glitter. Amazing for hazel and brown eyes as it will make your eyes POP



It retails for USD $39 on the Stila website, SGD $49.20 on beautybay.com as well as $55 in local Sephora stores. For the price, I would say this palette is really worth checking out! The total weight of the eyeshadows are 14g, making one single 1.4g each which is even more than that of those in the Urban Decays Naked palettes (1.3g each)! 

So verdict : Gurl, geddit now! 

Hope the review was helpful! 

Disclaimer - I bought this with my own money!

Have a great makeup day!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-