Review & Swatch | Hard Candy's Foiled Again Metallic Shadow Stick in Celestine

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Hey guys, today I will be reviewing the Hard Candy's Foiled Again Metallic Shadow Stick in Celestine. I picked this up as I wanted to use it as an eyeshadow base to make my eyeshadows stand out even more (You know I love me my eyeshadow bases!).





Celestine is a shimmery pale champagne colour which is a really universal colour and can be used as a base for almost every eyeshadow colour. You can also use this on its own. no doubt, but I would not recommend it and here's why:

Firstly, the pigmentation of the shadow stick is not great. It is very sheer with one swipe across the lid, so I had to use about 5 swipes to really show the colour. Another part that disappointed me was the fact that it is not as shimmery as I thought it would be. Looking at the name, " Foiled Again", one would think of strong intense shimmery pigments creating a va-va-voom look on those lids. Nope.

Swatch of Celestine. About 5 swipes. Excuse my hand haha
Next, it is not very smooth as it tends to drag on my eyelids. Would recommend using a synthetic brush to pick up the colour and apply it on the lids - but that really defeats the purpose of an eyeshadow stick now doesn't it?

However, this eyeshadow stick did help to make the eyeshadows I placed above it more vibrant and it did not crease on me!

So I would recommend it? Sadly, I would not, especially if you want to just wear this by itself. There are other shadow sticks out there that have way more pigmentation and are more creamy. However, this did work quite well for a eyeshadow base so those just looking for such, go ahead and try it out!

That's all for now! Have a great makeup day! XO.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-