Review & Swatches| H&M Smoky Palette in Smokey Green

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hey guys! Today I am going to talk to you guys about H&M's Smoky Eyeshadow Palette! Firstly, we all know that H&M is a Swedish retail-clothing company. So when I first saw makeup being sold in stores, I was really reluctant to try it out. But then, being the makeup addict that I am, I could not resist (those of you who have been reading by blog, you know I have a problem by the number of times I have told you that I could not resist something). It retailed for 4.95 Euros and I am not sure if the local H&M stores in Singapore do sell this. 


Please excuse my fingerprints!



Firstly, the colour selection in this palette is pretty and coordinates well with each other. Thus, you can create a look using just this palette. All are glittery shades but the darkest one did appear matte when swatched. The second colour is super glittery (you can actually see the chunks of glitter here) and the gold base for this colour rarely showed up on my lids. It basically looked like a golden glitter "top coat" - which is not bad but I would not recommend just using this on the lids. Next, these shadows are powdery. Fall out for me was pretty intense when I used this. Additionally, pigmentation for these is not excellent, so I had to really layer it on there and this created further fall out. 

Overall, I would not recommend this palette. I'm sorry H&M, but maybe makeup ain't really your forte! The only shade I like from this palette is the second golden one, which I use as a "top coat" over my eye makeup sometimes to add some drama

Have a great makeup day peeps!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-