Concealer overload! Which are my favourites?

Saturday, April 05, 2014

"No one is perfect - that is why the concealer was created."

Concealers are the best thing ever created. Yes.

Some concealers out of my collection! 
It is a must-have for me. My dark circles are nasty. Panda nasty. Concealer is one makeup item which I always don't mind splurging on and I am always on the hunt for the best. After searching high and low and trying out various brands, my concealer collection is a little out of control.

Some may say that having just ONE concealer is enough. Concealers can be an all rounder for some of you out there who do not suffer from the woes of undereye wrinkles or serious dark circles. If so, one good concealer can be used for both concealing your undereye area and any blemishes/imperfections that you have. Do note, this concealer can only used for concealing not highlighting/brightening as you do not want to highlight your blemishes!

I would recommend having two concealers - one for concealing purposes and one for highlighting/brightening purposes. To conceal, choose a concealer that is exact or extremely close to your foundation shade. This is to camouflage the concealed area and giving you the illusion of a flawless face. For highlighting, I suggest going one of two shades lighter than your foundation shade. This will help you bring out certain features (but not as prominently as a highlighter cream/powder would)!

It differs between individuals on what kind of coverage is needed. Personally, my concealer needs to be medium to full coverage to cover my acne scars and serious dark circles! Let me share with you guys some of my favourites!

Amazing Cosmetics' Amazing Concealer
This concealer is pretty amazing! Haha. Very full coverage and comes in a myriad of shades so finding your shade is a breeze. Consistency is thick and a little goes a very long way! Do blend this fairly quickly after application as it sets pretty quickly. Once it sets, this does not budge. It stays put all day and I have no need for any touch ups. Pretty pricey but this tube will last you for a long time! I would not recommend this as an undereye concealer though, this creases! As the consistency of this concealer is so thick, it creases on my undereyes fairly quicky despite setting it with powder.




Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer 
This concealer was so highly raved by so many Youtube gurus that I had to get it when I was in London. I have to say, it is so worth the rave! Medium coverage (fairly buildable if you apply thin layers) and really easy to blend. Consistency is just right for me - not too thick nor thin. Lasts for about a good 8 hours on me in Singapore's hot hot hot weather. Pretty amazing. My only qualm would be the shade range - there are only 4. Fair, light, medium and deep. I use medium under my eyes for a slight highlight and I mix medium and deep to conceal other areas on my face. Best part of this concealer? Price point. This baby only costs about 4 pounds in UK's drugstores and SGD$14.90 here in Singapore. Super affordable and really good quality.



MAC Pro Longwear Concealer 
This. is. the. bomb. I love this stuff. If I can only have one makeup item, it would be this. Holy grail status here. It have mine in the shade NW20 and I use it to cover my dark circles and highlight. I am in shade NC25 and having this concealer in the opposite pinkish tone helps to counteract the darkness under my eyes. This stuff does not crease on me and I am about 50 years old under my eyes. Amazing. Blends really easily and lasts for a really long time. No touch ups needed for this concealer as well. Love love love. Do not underestimate the size of this small tube though. Despite it being only 9ml, one tube can last for about 6 months to even a year! I have had mine for about 8 months now (and I use it everyday!) and I still have a good 1/3 of product left. A little goes a very long way and you only need a bit each time! Pump is tricky though, be extremely careful using it as it requires ninja hands to get the right amount out! Trust me, you do not want to waste this product. This retails for 18 Euros and SGD$30 in MAC stores.



Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Heavy Duty Under Eye Concealer 
I purchased this in London on a whim and grew to like this very much! What caught my eyes were the words "heavy duty" and that is exactly what my dark circles need! I wanted to try this out as well to see if it is a dupe for Bobbi Brown's Concealers. After testing, I can confidently say that IT IS! This is some full coverage stuff and works great at concealing my dark circles. Creamy formulation and blends fairly easily. I find using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush works great in blending this out! It does crease a little on me but then again, most concealers do. My undereye wrinkles are not pretty as well. Yes, I probably have the saddest undereyes in the whole world. Overall, this concealer lives up to its claims and is of high quality! This retails for 5.49 pounds in UK's Boots Pharmacies and you get an amazing 12g of product (Bobbi Brown concealers are 1.4g and retails for about 3x/4x the price of this)!


In comparison with the Bobbi Brown Concealer in Sand.
The Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush which I love using with this concealer! 


Concealers do come in different varieties and price range. Do think about your needs and requirements before splurging on one! Hope this post helped some of you ;)

Have a great Saturday! XO.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-