Review | Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Hello all!

Today I'm gonna share with you guys some thoughts on the Maybelline Pore Eraser! I have heard sooooooo many raves on this and that is can be said to be a dupe for the Benefit's Porefessional! Of course, I had to pick it up. The Porefessional is amazing, but its price tag can be said to be a little on the hefty side. Sometimes a girl's just gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and that is finding cheaper alternatives.



I picked this Maybelline Pore Eraser up about a week ago and have been using it everyday since to get a feel of this primer. So far, I have been liking it (but not as much as the Porefessional! Will tell you more about that later).

From the Maybelline Website:
"Insta-blur technology visibly smoothes pores away.
Can be worn alone or under makeup.
Non-comedogenic and fragrance-free."

This silcon-based pore eraser is a clear gel and is easily blended into the skin. Due to the presence of dimethicone, it gives a silky smooth feeling on my skin, which helps my foundation to glide on easier and smoother. It also feels lightweight, which is excellent especially in the blazing hot weather. Some people have complained about it having a funky smell, but personally it does not bother me nor irritate my skin.

In the morning, I will take about maybe a pea-sized amount of this and press it onto my skin (tip: press the pore eraser onto your skin as this will help to fill in those pores and let this product do its magic to its full capabilities. This also applies to when you're applying primer as well! Presssss it in. Don't just rub it on). Focus on the areas where you have the appearance of large pores. Do note: this technically isn't a face primer. It is a pore erasing makeup base designed to diminish the appearance of pores (it does not fill them in or make them smaller!). Hence,this does not work in a way that will help to prolong your makeup or keep your face. This is why I don't apply it all over my face like I would for a normal face primer. After applying this, I do find that my pores are, in fact, less visible.Good job!

I did an ultimate test with this - using it with a powder foundation. I can never use powder foundations as it will settle onto my fine lines and make the pores around my nose super obvious. Super. So one day, I decided to use this with the Bare Minerals Mineral Foundation. I have to say, I was surprised! It does diminish the look of my pores around my nose area slightly ;). This is pretty decent considering how nasty my pores look under powder foundation!

Some people said that this helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines as well. I didn't expect much from this, as after all this product is mainly to blur out the appearance of pores. But, might as well try it out! I applied it on my undereye area (as I have pretty nasty fine lines there!) and then I applied my usual, MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW20. Hmm, sadly, this did not work.

Overall, this Maybelline Pore Eraser does what it is supposed to do. It did diminish the appearance of pores on my face and for the price point, it is pretty affordable and a good addition to any makeup routine.

Is it a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional? No, it isn't. Personally, I do prefer the Porefessional as it manages to diminish my pores better than that of the Maybelline Pore Eraser. The Porefessional as it is also a primer which helps my makeup last longer and it assists in some concealing work as well due to it being tinted. Considering the differences in prices, I will still go for Benefit's Porefessional though. I like it wayyy more and it just works better for me. The price difference here in Singapore also isn't as stark as that in the US so might as well spend a little more and purchase the Porefessional! ;)

Prices:
Maybelline Pore Eraser  SGD$19.90/USD $6.99
Benefit Porefessional  SGD $47/USD $30.

Hope this review helped you guys out there!
Have a great makeup day! XO.










Disclaimer: Purchased both products with my own money. Not a sponsored review.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-