Review & Swatch! Covergirl 3 in 1 Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation

Monday, April 21, 2014

I do love my foundations, especially my L'Oreal True Match. Was on the search for a new foundation to try and I figure why not the Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation? This foundation is highly raved by many Youtube gurus and bloggers in the beauty community.  


This foundation claims to have the lasting power of primer, coverage of a concealer, and blendability of foundation in one. It also claims to be shine-free. Let's see if these claims hold any water.

Packaging
This foundation comes in a typical 30 ml clear glass bottle and with a pump which I prefer. This way the product remains hygienic! The pump also has a locking function which is great for travelling as you don't have to worry about spillage!

Formula and Coverage
This foundation is not very thick and blends fairly easily on the skin. Glides on really smooth on the skin! I do like the texture of this foundation as it is not extremely viscous (say, for an example, the Revlon Colourstay) and it does not feel heavy after application. I would say one layer of this foundation gives about medium coverage. Coverage is fairly buildable with thin layers, achieving medium to full coverage.

Lasting power 
I tried this foundation without a primer and this lasted for a good 7 hours I would say. I did not notice any distinct separation or splotchiness on my face. Pretty impressive. However, this foundation did not manage to control my oiliness. I got shiny after about 2.5 hours. So the claim of it being "shine-free" did not pass the test. Then again, I do have oily skin and I live in Singapore where it is terribly sunny. The finish of this foundation is pretty matte though (but it does not last long on me).

I got mine in the shade 832 (nude beige) and it is a very close match (I am NC20-25 for reference). DO note: this foundation tends to oxidise after setting on the skin. This shade may look slightly too light for me, but after about 10-15 minutes, it will oxidise slightly and it matches!


From this picture, you can roughly see how light the texture of this foundation is! 

Overall, I do find that this foundation does pretty much live up to its claims! I do love how it applies and the finish of it. Doesn't feel heavy at all - which is great for tropical weathers as you don't want to feel like a cake face in the hot sun.

Rating: 4.5/5

I do love this foundation. It is on par with my L'Oreal True Match and that is saying something (I love my true match very very very much). I highly recommend this! Only problem is that it can be quite hard to purchase in Singapore - I got my friend to get it for me from the US. I did find this on Amazon and you can check it out here!

Alright, toodles for now. Exams are up! Gotta study. Or at least try.

Have a great makeup day!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-