Review & Swatches | Jordana Lipsticks in Grape, Cabaret & Plumwine

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Last year around December, Cherry Culture had the best promotion ever : Free International Shipping. How can anyone say no? Of course, me being a crazy makeup hoarder, I gotta go grab some goodies for myself.

I self-controlled (and regretted) and only got a few items here and there. Today, I am gonna talk about my Jordana Lipsticks. These are *brace yourself* USD $1.50 each. $1.50. Insanity! And I only bought 3?? Urgh.




I was not expecting much from these as they are not as raved about on the online makeup community. However, once I tried them, I am like why aren't they??? Let me share with you guys my thoughts on these underrated awesomeness.

Packaging
As you can see, the packaging is nothing special. Typical and simple. I do love that the caps are transparent so I can immediately see the colour of the lipstick. The packaging do look kinda cheap but then again, these lipsticks are cheap. I'd rather save up on the packaging and pay less for my product.

Application
These lipsticks are pretty pigmented. One swipe provides me with moderate coverage and full coverage can be easily obtained with two swipes. The colour on the lips is very similar to that in the tube as well. When I opened it for the first time, I do notice that these lipsticks had a synthetic fruity scent to it which I actually favored. I hate the typical chemical smell of lipsticks (Rimmel Moisture Renew - I'm talking to you), so this is a plus for me! One thing though, this lipsticks are not very buttery or creamy so application of these tends to drag a little on your lips (if you did not prep them with lipbalm beforehand). However, I always prep my lips before I do my full face so when it is time to apply these, they go on pretty easily.

Wear
These lipsticks are moisturising. When I wear them, I do not get the irritating dry feeling on my lips which I sometimes get with other lipsticks which are more drying. These lipsticks kinda feel like it is in between a lipbalm and a lipstick. It wears with a slight sheen to it and it lasts for about 3 hours on me without fading. I'm impressed.

Price and range
This retails for USD$1.50 on Cherry Culture and you can check it out here! Super affordable. Do not be fooled by the low price though, this products are actually of pretty darn good quality. Another plus is that it comes in many shades (28 are available on Cherry Culture)! You can definitely find something to suit your taste or just try out new shades because you can!

Overall 
4/5

Here are my swatches of the 3 lipsticks which I purchased:

Grape

Plumwine

Cabaret

Left to Right: Grape, Plumwine, Cabaret

Do check these out if you have the chance! Have a great makeup day my friends!XO.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-