Review & Swatches! Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

For those of you who love the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks or just a multifunctional product, this post is for you. This is a drugstore gem which I have recently rediscovered in my makeup collection (stuffed deep inside the drawers). It is this Seventeen Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze. 




I rarely do highlight or bronze my face as  I try (emphasis on the word "try") to keep my makeup as light as possible. Those of you that have seen me in real life, you would probably be going like "really?". Hey, I tried. Anyway.

This shimmer block is (no kidding) shimmery. I can imagine that this does give you a gorgeous glow on your checks if used as a highligher or an overall radiant look if used as a bronzer. However, personally, it might be a tad too shimmery.

Thus, I use this product more often as eyeshadows. These colours are super pigmented, creamy and soft and just so easy to work with. The formulation and texture of this shimmer brick is comparable to my lorac pro eyeshadows in my opinion.  It has 4 colours so you can simple achieve a full blown neutral look! As eyeshadows, these lasted a good 8 hours on me with my MAC paintpot in Nubile as a primer.

This is the pigmentation I get by lightly dipping my fingers into the pan. Lightly. 


I purchased this when I was in London a few months back in the Boots Pharmacy. Seventeen is an in-house brand but I am always blown away by the quality of their makeup products. If you are lucky enough to be living in the UK (oh you), I do highly recommend checking this shimmer brick out. I would definitely repurchase this if I ever save up enough cold hard cash to fly back there.

This retails for 4.99 pounds (insanely affordable for such amazing quality) and you can check it out here at the main Boots website. I am unsure of where they ship to though.

Rating: 4.5/5

That is all for me today! Going to force myself to go back to study. It is hard when you study on your makeup vanity. Distraction is plentiful.

Have a great makeup day!XO.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-