Top 10 Lipsticks! Neutrals and bolds.

Friday, May 09, 2014

Lipstick junkies unite! I am crazy for lip products. So much so, it kinda scares me. 

I decided to let you guys in on my current Top 10 Lipsticks. This was difficult. Difficult, I tell you. I had to choose from my collection of 87. But anyway.... 


I do love me a bold lip. Especially when paired with neutral eyes, it gives you a sophisticated and classy look (or so I think it does). I actually have more bold lipsticks in my collection as compared to my neutrals. This was probably because I went lipstick crazy when I was living in Europe and it was winter. Dark lips to combat the cold? Yes. That was how I rolled.

If you have been reading my blog, you know I am all for drugstore makeup. Affordable yet good quality. Looking fabulous without the price tag. Most of these lipsticks I have chosen today are drugstore and are just plain amazing.

BOLDS
My top 5 are :

Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy 
Collection Deluxe Lipstick in Prohibition
MAC Kanga Rouge
HEMA Moisturising Lipstick in 13
Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in Revenge 

I love my reds, especially those cool-toned reds. These lipsticks get a lot of love from me and I absolutely adore them. They are all pretty moisturising (especially the HEMA Moistursing Lipstick which I talked more about here) and have good colour payoff. Longest lasting would be the Wet N Willd Sugar Plum Fairy (yes, over MAC). Swatches here for you: 
From left to right: Collection Deluxe Lipstick in Prohibition, MAC Kanga Rouge, Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in Revenge, HEMA Moisturising Lipstick in 13, WetnWild Sugar Plum Fairy  
NEUTRALS
My top 5 are:


Rimmel Kate Lipstick in 19
MAC Bad Girl Riri
KIKO Cosmetics Lipstick in 913
NYX Round Lipstick in Peony
NYX Black Label Lipstick in Tea in the Afternoon

Most of my neutrals were bought pretty much in the last month while I was in Europe. I realised that maybe bold lips everyday will not work in Singapore. So, I kinda went on a neutral lip shopping spree. These lipsticks here have been worn really often after I came back to Singapore. They range from warm to cool tones and it really depends on my eye look that day. I tend to gravitate more to the deeper pinks when it comes to neutral lips. I for one, cannot (to save my life) pull off a nude lipstick. NO. I am really warm toned and I just dislike how nude lips appear on me. They make me look really yellow. These are my go-to neutral lipsticks currently and here are some swatches for you: 

From left to right: NYX Black Label Lipstick in Tea in Afternoon, MAC Bad Girl Riri, Rimmel Kate Lipstick in 19, Kiko Cosmetics Lipstick in 913, NYX Lipstick in Peony. 

This list would probably change over time as I constantly buy more (I can't stop). Lipsticks do finish off a look. There is absolutely no point in dolling up your face and eyes and missing out those luscious lips. Hence, my addiction had merit. ;)

Have a great makeup day ahead! Werk.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-