May Favourites

Sunday, June 01, 2014

It's June already! Time flies. I'm here to share with you some of the products that I have been loving for the month of May. May has been an exciting month for me, I started an internship, made great friends and explored a whole lot more about my personal skills and capabilities. Side note, this may sound really weird but I love how going to work gives me an opportunity to experiment and play with my makeup as it gives me somewhere to go after getting my cake face done (do you feel me?). Sometimes, I feel like just going to the supermarket doesn't really justify my effort and beautifully done up face, but hey I'm gon' look fabulous buying those groceries. But anyway.


These products have been almost holy grail status for me this past month. Been loving them and using them almost everyday!

L'Oreal Elseve Extraordinary Hair Oil
I have really long hair and it tends to tangle quite easily. I love adding one pump of this onto my hair everyday before I leave the house to give it some love. It feels softer and tangles lesser in my opinion. This hair oil does not feel oily to the touch whatsoever and this is wonderful for those of us living in this tropical hot hot hot hot country called Singapore. It is hot. And we don't wanna walk around with our hair looking all sweaty and greasy! It does not make your hair feel heavy in any way too.

Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser
I used this a few years back and decided to try it again. OH rediscovered LOVE. This moisturiser is so light on the skin but it moisturises so damn well. I always get really irritating dry patches near the sides of my nose but after using this, it completely disappeared within 2 days. This does not feel heavy on the skin at all or leave any residue, so it feels really comfortable! Holy grail moisturiser fo' sure!

Holika Holika Petit BB Jelly In Aqua Neutral 
I got this BB cream from Korea and oh boy, this works amazing. I would say light to medium coverage for this and it is buildable (but in really thin layers). I love using my beauty blender or sponge with this as the finish just looks really natural! There is a slight flowery scent to it which I am liking as I really do not like the typical BB creams or foundation smell. Texture is something different. I have never used a BB cream like this before. It is like a jelly yet really blendable. Feels nice and light on the skin and I did not notice any separation or splotchiness on my skin after wearing this for a good 8 hours.

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
This is old school but a rediscovered favourite. I've been trying so many new mascaras recently and I totally forgot about this! Maybelline mascaras are really of a class of their own. I like them more than my high end mascaras such as those from Benefit and Too Faced. Was in a rush one day so I just grabbed this and was blown away all over again. This gives me so much length and volume! Really black as well so it adds so much more definition to my eyes. And my favourite part of it all: it holds my curl. I have sad straight asian lashes and there is nothing that I hate more than a mascara that does not hold my curl after I spend what feels like literally hours to curl my lashes! This holds in nicely in place and no effort wasted in curling those lashes in the morning!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade
I raved about this before and I am going to do it again. This has changed the way I do my brows everyday. It is way easier and just longer lasting. I do not wipe off my brow when I wipe off my sweat now! Pigmented, blends really well and once it sets, it sets. No budging, smudging or flaking. We're talking about bulletproof brows status here.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Berry Rich
I picked this up some time last month as the store was having a one-for-one promotion for these Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks. These lipsticks have been on the market for a really really really long time so I figured they have to be good. And they are. Depending on the colour you get, some are sheer lipsticks while some are really pigmented and full! Spoilt for choice here. I got mine in Berry Rich and I am loving it. This isn't one of the sheer formulation ones and it is super creamy and pigmented. It feels really moisturising on the lips and it does not enhance any fine lines or dry patches. Pretty good lasting power as well, worth checking out!

Beauty Blender Pro
This works great for really quick makeup mornings when you wanna look fab and rush out the door. It blends your foundations really fast and the finish you get from using this is just really amazing. Super natural yet flawless. I love using this with the Holika Holika BB cream which I mentioned above as well as other more runny foundations. I still prefer to blend foundations with a thicker consistency with my dense buffing brush though (but sometimes, ain't nobody got time fo' dat).

Chocolate Bar Lunch Box from Daiso
Ok this is not beauty related but I LOVE THIS. Look at how cute this little lunch box is! I snack (a lot) during work (yes, I know I shouldn't) and this is great to bring some nuts or my current snack craze : banana chips. Best part : this comes in a set of 3 for $2! *Oh YES*.

Hope June will be a great month for you guys! Have a great makeup month ahead! XO.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-