Review | Makeup Academy All In One Beauty Balm

Sunday, June 29, 2014

We have all heard about Makeup Academy. It is a popular drugstore brand with affordable makeup at great quality (oh you lucky people living in the UK!). Was in London a few months back and decided to pick this up as I needed a new base product. This was 4 pounds and I figured it was worth a try!



This BB cream comes in a glossy black squeezy tube and is 30ml. Shade range isn't extensive but I think I found a pretty good match. I purchased the one is Medium (and I am about NC20-25). Formulation of this BB cream is pretty thick, which is pretty different from that of Asian BB creams that I am used to. Then again, European BB creams and Asian BB creams are slightly different in concept and design!

This BB cream claims to prime, smooth and conceal and I have to say, it lives up to its claims! This has great coverage! One layer of this was able to cover my acne scars well and that is saying something. I would say the coverage would be medium and it can be slightly buildable (take note though, go in thin layers when you are building it up or it might look cakey!). Despite it being thicker in formulation, blendability of this foundation is decent as well. I used this with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and my face was done is a snapping 15 - 20 seconds!

Loved this BB cream when I was in Europe as the temperatures are cooler. However, wearing this in Singapore may feel a tad heavy on the skin due to its consistency. I do like this a lot still, and will continue to wear it out. Lasting power is pretty darn good, as I get about a good 7 hours of wear (in hot hot hot Singapore!) without it getting all patchy or seeing any separation.

Overall: 3.5/5

You can check it out at any UK Superdrug outlets or MUA's website (click here - they ship internationally!).

Do give it a try if you're looking for coverage yet not wanting a foundation!

Have a great makeup day ahead! XO.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-