Review | Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette

Saturday, September 27, 2014




Took me a while to get onto the Makeup Revolution band wagon but I'm glad I did. Makeup Revolution is a relatively new makeup brand based in the UK and in a similar fashion to that of Makeup Academy. They have tons of palettes, eyeshadows, blushers etc and I was literally spoilt for choice when I went onto their site! This brand can now also be found in Superdrug Pharmacies in UK (I left London too early! :( )


I purchased the Iconic 3 palette (4 pounds) which is supposedly a really similar dupe for the highly raved Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. Ain't got no money fo' that, so I figured getting something cheaper! 

The palette was larger than I expected! This palette is slightly larger than that of the average MUA palettes. Product wise, you get 14g worth of product which equates to 1.17g per eyeshadow (which is really decent!). MUA palettes weigh a total of 8.4g so you are definitely getting way more product here. 

The shadows have no names to it, but they are arranged in the exact position as that in the Naked 3! So if you want to follow makeup tutorials or such, just remember the positions of the shadows are the same. For example, the first shadow from the left in this Iconic 3 palette corresponds to the shadow named Strange in the Naked 3. 

The iconic 3 palette did not let me down. The shadows are nicely pigmented and transfer well onto the lids. Fall out do occur with the darker shades as the texture of the shadows are slightly on the powdery side. Just remember to double tap your brush to minimise the fall out! I always use a primer beneath, but these shadows lasted a good 7 hours without any fading or creasing. 

I do not own the Naked 3 so I can't give you a definite answer to whether these shadows are an exact match to that of the Naked 3. However, from all the swatches I've seen online, they look pretty darn similar. 

Here is a closer look at the shadows in the pan: 



This palette works really nicely as a neutral palette with rose gold tones. The colours are really feminine and sweet and they complement brown and green eyes especially! Overall, for the price, this palette is pretty darn worth it. There are 3 mattes (which work great for your brow bone highlight and transition shades) - I love shade 7 especially! Rest of the shadows are shimmery or glittery (but not really over the top so do not panic!). Shade 6 is a gorgeous glittery rose gold shade that really makes the eyes pop.

Here is a look created with this palette:
Crease: Shade 4
Inner 1/3 and outer 1/3 of lid: Shade 12
Middle of lid: Shade 6
Brow bone highlight: Shade 4

























Rating: 4.5/5

I highly recommend this palette as it provides an array of rose and mauve tones to your eyeshadow collection. Great for neutral lovers or just to buff up that makeup collection of yours. At only 4 pounds (exclusing shipping), this palette is really a steal. I got mine off the makeup revolution website which you can check out here. 

That's it for me today! Thanks for dropping by and hope this review helped you in some way. Have a great makeup day ahead my friends! xo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-