Review & Swatch | Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Thursday, September 04, 2014


Most foundations can feel slightly heavy on the face as Singapore is always so hot. I love my L'Oreal True Match Foundation as it seems to be the only foundation that can cling onto my skin and survive the day! I decided to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation as when I swatched it, it felt really lightweight on my skin. 


I purchased mine in the shade 53 Light Beige. This shade fits me perfectly! I am currently in between NC20-25 as I recently got tanner.  This foundation is said to be closer to a gel as compared to typical thick liquids and this caught my attention as there is nothing I hate more than a thick and cakey foundation. The texture feels pretty similar to my usual Korean BB creams such as those from The Face Shop and Silky Girl. This foundation blends out really easily and has a dewy finish. Coverage wise, I would say light to buildable medium. One full pump is good enough to cover my entire face and one layer gets rid of my uneven skin tones and redness. However, concealer is still needed for my acne scars but that doesn't surprise me. 

Sorry it's kinda blur! This shows roughly the texture of the foundation : it's pretty viscous but not thick! 
This foundation does give my skin some glow and it looks really natural. I love how my skin looks whenever I wear this! It feels nice and light, yet giving me pretty decent coverage. This foundation is said to be for those of drier skin but I have oily skin and this works great for me. Lasting power was decent, about 8 hours and my skin still looked good without any splotchiness (oil control, however, is not the best).

Other pluses for me include the scent of the foundation and it not containing any SPF. It has a pleasant flowery scent to it which I prefer as I abhor "plastic-y" or chemical smells! No SPF is provided either so do load up on your sunblock! However, this also means that this foundation will not cause any flash backs while using flash photography - great! These aspects can be a negative for some so do take note!


Overall, I really do enjoy this foundation and am currently obsessed with it (my L'Oreal True Match is just chillin' in my foundation drawer). Highly recommended for those living in tropical climates and want something light!

Rating: 4/5

Hope this helped you in some way and thank you for visiting my blog!
Have a great makeup day ahead my friend!Xx.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

-

-