Updated | The 5 Product Face

Friday, December 19, 2014

Hey guys! When I started off this blog almost a year ago, I posted about my 5 product face (which you can check out here). I decided to redo this again and y'know, preferences on makeup application and products change and evolve all the time!


Back then, my brows were not as essential as it is now. I can't leave my house without doing my brows now. No. Not especially after the lady at the brow salon accidentally plucked off part of my arch on the right brow! (I know, I died.)

Time is of the essence sometimes and we don't have the luxury to grab as many items as we need to get our face on. I love using individual items for each part of the face, i.e. brow product for them brows, blush for cheeks - as these are purposefully made for it! However, yes, sometimes, ain't nobody got the time for that. I get that. Soooo, I chose items which I can multi-task for different aspects of makeup application!

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Firstly, this palette is a great pick me up. The smell of the cocoa powder in the shadows just lifts my spirits! These shadows are also great in texture and pigmentation. This palette alone is a great all-in-one. There are various shades for various looks - neutral or dark and smokey! I especially love throwing Salted Caramel into the crease! This is the perfect warm brown that warms up the eyes! There are also a good selection of browns in here, which is excellent. I love using a mixture of Semi-sweet and Triple Fudge for the brows! It is a great dark expresso colour that matches my brow hairs perfectly! Also, if you really want to, I do find that milk chocolate/semi-sweet can work as a bronzing or contour shade as well - but with an extremely light hand please! These shadows are highly pigmented and you don't want to look like you jumped and rolled in the mud. Champagne Truffle is a lovely highlight - both for the eyes and the face! In a pinch, I usually just dip my fan brush in this shade and brush it along the high points of my face for a gorgeous champagne glow!



Revlon Colourstay Foundation 
In the previous post, I mentioned the Covergirl 3-in-1 Foundation and I still do love that foundation! But I've been breaking out quite a lot recently so I want something that can provide me with more coverage. This Revlon Foundation does exactly that! I'm in the shade Warm Golden and it is a perfect match for my NC 20-25 skin. It blends easily too and lasts all day.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
I will absolutely purchase this over and over and over and over again. This, my friends, is an absolute must-have for me! I have horrible dark circles and this concealer covers it all up nicely without caking me up. It doesn't crease much on me either which is amazing - my wrinkly undereyes conquers almost all undereye concealers except this. I am using the shade NW20 as the pinkish tones in this concealer conteracts and neutralises the purplish blue tones of my dark circles. I will also use this concealer to prime my eyelids for eyeshadow! According to Jaclyn Hill (I love her so much), this concealer has some crease proof technology that prevent creasing - thus great for priming them eyelids for eyeshadow as well.

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara
Mascara is like the finishing touch to the eyes - it is absolutely necessary for me. It's weird having eyeshadow and liner but no lashes, y'know? Especially when my lashes are straight, barely visible and pure sad. This Maybelline mascara never fails me. It gives me good length and volume, and most importantly, hold my curl! It lasts all day on me without flaking too. A holy grail mascara for me fo' sure.

MAC Lipstick in Twig 
I am in love with this lipstick. The shade is the perfect nudish brown-pink and it compliments my skin tone to a tee. As almost all of the MAC lipsticks which I've tried, the formula is top-notch and glides on really smoothly on my lips. Formulation isn't drying and pigmentation is great - I usually do one coat and I'm good to go. Since this is already product number 5, I will also add a dab of this onto my cheeks, just to give them some flush and colour!


That's all for me today! Let me know in the comments your thoughts!
Hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for dropping by as always!
Have a great makeup day ahead guys!Xo.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. HAHAH oh yeah that palette would be a one-stop shop! HAHAHAHA. Singapore's range of colourstay is horrible though! Maybe you can try online? There are more choices available! :)

    ReplyDelete

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-