Review | Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion

Monday, May 25, 2015





Hey guys!

So I was sent some Cetaphil products to try and I was super pumped as my skin has been breaking out and I needed something gentle. Widely known as the skincare line for those with sensitive and dry skin, Cetaphil's products have simple ingredients that reduces the chances of any skin reactions.

I do have sensitive skin, and many products do break me out. However, due to the lengthy ingredients list, it is very difficult to pin point what exactly caused me to have a skin reaction. Thus, I do tend to go for products with the minimalist approach when it comes to ingredients and formulation

Looking at the ingredients list, these cetaphil products do not really contain any potential breakout ingredients for me. However, it does contain parabens, so do note that if you're on the no parabens bandwagon!

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser : Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating LotionWater, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia Nut Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide

The cleanser does not lather but it does a good job of cleansing as my skin did feel clean after washing it off. The skin did not feel tight nor dehydrated (which is excellent as my dehydrated skin can't afford to lose any more moisture). Do note that this cleanser is extremely gentle, so do not expect it to remove any makeup without leaving residue!

The moisturiser is non-greasy and lightweight in formulation. It absorbs almost instantly and does not leave any tackiness on the skin (definitely a plus point as nobody wants to feel tacky in this hot and humid weather!). My skin feels well hydrated and my dry patches on the sides of my nose were gone the next morning. Thumbs up from me! I do have oily skin and even though this moisturiser is meant for dry skin folks, I did not find it to be too moisturising nor did I end up an oily mess after using it. A little pea size goes a long way, my friends. Do not overload!

Overall, I do enjoy these products as they are really gentle to my skin. I definitely recommend the Ultra Hydrating Lotion as it really gets deep and hydrates the skin! The cleanser was decent, but I'd prefer something with lather (as I feel that it works better in getting rid of the gunk in my skin, but that is just me!).

PS. Have you joined the Cetaphil Experience yet? If you haven't, you can check out my blog post here!

Thanks for dropping by! XO.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-