May Favourites

Wednesday, June 03, 2015


Hey guys, it has been a while since I've updated my monthly favourites, but here I am today! Got the pleasure of trying out many new brands the past month and definitely falling in love with a few new beauty products!

Catrice Sun Glow Shimmering Bronzer Powder
Unfortunately, I dropped mine and it shattered (like my heart). But there is nothing rubbing alcohol won't fix so I patched mine up in no time. Originally, it had a really pretty chevron embossed design on the powder but I apologise for not being able to show you that! This bronzer is shimmery (but not too much that results in a disco ball situation) and produces such a lovely bronze glow to the face. This really helps to warm up the face while adding some healthy radiance. I used this everyday and I highly recommend it! Do note, this has shimmer and works excellently for bronzing the skin and not for contour. This retails for SGD$9.90 in local Guardians pharmacies, so go snatch em' up!
Credits to the Catrice website 


Australis AC On Tour Palette
This palette has almost everything you need for a flawless base. The powders feel really creamy and boy, they are pigmented. Always use a light hand and tap off the excess before applying it to your face. I absolutely love the banana shade to brighten up my undereye areas (as the yellow counteracts the bluish and purplish undertones of the dark circles). The cool-toned brown works great for contouring as well due to its greyish undertones. The shimmery highlight in this palette works lovely as well, giving you a nice glow to them cheekbones!

Chi Chi Pretty Palette

This palette works great for those light neutral eyeshadow days! It comes with 12 shimmery/satin shades that can range from light golds to deeper taupes and purples. Pigmentation is decent and you can build it up for the intensity you desire. I love the light shimmery champagne and golds in this and have been using them on my lids many a times this month! I definitely recommend this to those of you who love neutrals but also want to venture out of  your neutrals and spot something deeper or colourful. However, since all the shades are shimmery and I prefer a matte brown transition shade, I will always grab another palette to complete an eye look.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
I told myself to start wearing cooler tones this year and of course, the Naked 2 was perfect. It consists of taupes and cooler mauves that I am starting to enjoy. I especially love the shades YDK, Chopper and Tease! The shades are versatile enough for a casual neutral eye look or even a deeper and smouldering smokey eye! Of course, true to the quality of Urban Decay shadows, the pigmentation is great and blends well. There will be some fall out though, so do try to use a dense shadow brush or place tons of translucent powder under the eyes (which you can easily sweep away after doing your eye makeup!).

Gerard Cosmetics Underground Lipstick 
This is a supposed dupe for Limecrime's Cashmere but since I do not own that, I cannot compare that for you. However, from the swatches I see, they look really comparable. This lipstick is a cool toned pinkish mauve with a greyish undertone. Super stunning shade and I love pairing this with a smokey eye! As compared to the older releases such as Fire Engine and Cherry Cordial, I would say that this formulation is slighly creamier and less drying on the lips, which is definitely a plus.

Closer look at the makeup!
Clockwise from the top : Australis AC On Tour, Catrice Sun Glow Shimmering Bronzer,
Chi Chi Pretty Palette, Urban Decay Naked 2, Gerard Cosmetics Underground Lipstick

Khiel's Ultra Light Daily UV Defence Sunscreen
I recently went for a skin analysis and realised how badly the UV rays have been affecting my skin. Thus, I am loading up on tons of sunblock! Many sun care products break me out but not this one. This Khiel's sunscreen has been treating my skin well and it does not affect my makeup application after. Especially with SPF50 and PA++++, I think I'm pretty protected! I did a full review on it, which you can check out here if you would like!

Dermagold Miracle C Serum 
I have been incorporating this into my skincare routine recently and have been enjoying it so far. The serum is really lightweight and absorbs into the skin quickly without leaving any tacky residue. This is a concentrated 18% Vitamin C Ester Serum which is formulated in a hyaluronic acid base. Sounds great and I have high hopes for this. I am working on a full review on this so stay tuned!

The Face Shop Myeonghan Miindo Heaven Grade Ginseng Whitening Emulsion 
I have been applying this every morning and I love how it absorbs quickly without leaving any tackiness behind. Singapore is getting hotter and the last thing I need is sticky skin! I do find that this emulsion hydrates my skin sufficiently and my makeup applies really nicely over this. I no longer have dry patches (especially around the nose) and I am satisfied by the moisturising properties of the lightweight emulsion. For my in-depth thoughts on this, you can click here!

So there we have it! May passed by so fast but it was a month of dramatic change. I took the final examinations of my life and pretty much, my days as a student are over. Work life beams ahead. Of course, I do not start work till September so I'm just doing my best to enjoy life and all the free time that I have left! Hope May was a good month for you!

Thanks for reading and dropping by! XO.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

-

-