Review | Clarins Shaping Facial Lift Serum

Friday, October 16, 2015



I believe that defined contours are highly sought after by everyone in this day and age. The hype with contouring and highlighting to achieve defined facial features can be seen all over the web and of course, has been incorporated into our daily makeup routine (or at least, mine!). What if ... there was a way to achieve definition without the use of makeup? Clarins Shaping Facial Lift Total V Contouring Serum can be a possible solution!

It even has the word contouring in its name, so I am definitely hopeful.

Loving the sleek gold bottle and the pump!
Combining 3 plant extracts (Guarana, Zerumbet Ginger and Kaki extract), this serum is said to help fight against fat, reduce puffines, visibly firm facial features and achieve the perfect 3V contour of slimmer face, refined cheeks and lifted jawline. 

This serum also claims to deliver an immediate “lift” effect thanks to its anti-fat, anti-fluid and anti-sugar actions whilst also leaving the skin feeling moisturised and incredibly soft and silky-smooth.

Ultimately, this serum aids in the draining of toxins through the lymphatic system that will reduce puffiness, water retention and firm up the facial contours. 


Image taken from the Clarins Website


P.S. According to Clarins, Asians are more prone to having more fat pockets on our face due to 
genetics! Man, that's tough. 

According to the Clarins website, here are the instructions for proper application:

1. Gently apply Clarins Shaping Facial Lift Total V Contouring Serum to clean skin both day and night

2. Follow with your daily serum, then day or night moisturizer for optimal results


3. To enhance its effectiveness, carry out the Clarins Manual Auto-Lifting method after application: 

sit down with elbows on the knees and head down resting on hands with palms covering the eyes, for 30 seconds

Image credits here










This serum is opaque and somewhat close to the consistency of a moisturiser. It is very lightweight and absorbs into the skin in a matter of seconds. I really do enjoy its texture! It absorbs completely, leaving no tackiness or residue behind, which is great in my books!

1 pump of product
Made from pure plant extracts, the scent is slightly floral and pleasant, without being too overpowering. I do find that the scent dissipates in about a minute or so as well.

You can see the lightweight texture here! Super easy to blend.
Fully blended into the skin - gives off a pretty matte finish.
Clarins loves to emphasise on the importance of application techniques to ensure that we reap 100% of the benefits from using their products. This serum is no exception either and there is an auto-lifting method to aid absorption and lymphatic drainage. I usually do this only at night as I am always rushing out the door in the mornings!

I have been using this for a good 3-4 weeks now and a plus point would definitely be that my skin feels more smooth, moisturised and firmer. I can especially feel the difference in my cheek areas as the skin used to feel way more sluggish before. My jawline does look slightly more defined as well!

My makeup goes atop well too, with minimal streaking or patchiness. In fact, it seems to be looking even better as my skin is hydrated and plump with this serum!

Overall, I am thoroughly enjoying this serum and will be continuing to use it in hopes of reducing my double chin! I love how my skins feels after application and of course, it feeling firmer after a period of usage as well.

This retails for about SGD $106 at local Clarins counters and stores.

Thanks for reading and hope this review helped you in some way!XO.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-