September Favourites

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Hi everyone! I cannot believe it is October already. Time does fly by when you're part of the working world. It has been 3 weeks of work so far and I am much more settled down. Of course, there are tons of things to be learnt and done, but like Hershel from The Walking Dead always said, we all have jobs to do.

Anyway, here is a quick September favourites! Getting ready in the morning before work is definitely part of the prep and these are some products that I have been loving recently!

Clinique Chubby Stick in Curvy Contour
This cream contour stick is pure perfection. Super creamy and easy to blend, this chubby stick adds warmth and dimension to the complexion within seconds. I do love it for bronzing up the skin, as compared to contouring as the shade leans towards the warmer side. For the full review and swatches, click here.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
This is definitely one of my favourite foundations of all time. It is a full coverage foundation that lasts all day long. It has a satin finish which I do enjoy and I do find that it controls my oil really well. The texture leans on the thicker side, however it does not feel extremely heavy on my skin. I love using this for events as it provides a flawless base for the rest of my makeup. I got mine in the shade 3W0 Warm Creme and it matches me perfectly (I am roughly NC25-30 after my trip to Europe), with negligible oxidation through out the day.

DIY Rose Water Setting Spray
My skin went a little crazy after my trip and became pretty dry. I love adding 1/3 rose water and 2/3 distilled water into a spray bottle and just use this to spritz my face after applying all my makeup to help set the powder and reduce cakiness. The scent is relaxing (if you love floral scents!) and it is widely known that rosewater aids in the prevention of acne (I can't guarantee that though!). This DIY facial setting spray is also great for a quick pick-me-up throughout the day!

P.s.I got my bottle of rose water from Mustafa Shopping Center at around $1.50!

Shuffle list
I'm guilty and I'll admit it, I have too much makeup for my own good. That being said, I came up with a way to attempt to use as many of the products that I own. Of course, being an eyeshadow junkie, I had to create a shuffle list. Thus, I searched for one via the app store and downloaded this! You can create various lists for a myriad of reasons, so it is definitely handy. I simply create a list of all the eyeshadow palettes that I own and every morning when I am getting ready, I will click shuffle and I will use the eyeshadow palette that is first on the list. Trust me, this helps you to touch those neglected palettes deep down inside your palette drawer! It is also pretty fun to do so (cheap thrills for makeup junkie, eh?).

Australis AC On Tour Palette
I cannot get enough of this palette and the fear of hitting pan is all too real. I use the banana powder from this palette everyday to brighten up the undereye area. The highlight provided in this palette is a gorgeous champagne as well and it gets a ton of loving from me on a daily basis as well. Overall, this powders in here are really creamy, pigmented and they blend really well on the skin. Considering its affordable price point, I highly recommend it!

Gerard Cosmetics Berry Smoothie
Perfect berry neutral shade for work in my opinion! I'm holding off the bolder lips for now as I'm attempting to keep my makeup more natural at work. This lipstick is my constant go-to as it complements warmer skin tones very well and immediately livens up the face upon application. It is definitely one of the creamier shades from Gerard Cosmetics and the moisturising factor is definitely decent!

Hoping October will be great for all of us! Till then, xo.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-