First Impressions and Quick Review | Givenchy's Teint Couture Cushion

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Givenchy's Teint Couture Cushion in #4 Fresh Beige Review

Many brands have been coming up with foundation cushions recently, I guess to keep up with the needs of a modern day women who is always on the go!

I do find myself gravitating towards BB/CC/Foundation cushions more in the morning whenever I am in a rush as I do not have to fumble around for a foundation brush and there isn't any mess (which can happen if you try to dispense foundation quickly, trust me).

Having tried only korean brands when it comes to base makeup cushions, I was super excited to hear the Givenchy was launching its Teint Couture Cushion. I've been enjoying their Teint Couture Balm as an everyday base makeup so when I heard the news, I threw my hands up in the air (figuratively).

Singapore is the first country in the world to preview this cushion (super honoured) and the worldwide release date is set to February next year in 2016, so do keep a look out!

Givenchy's Teint Couture Cushion in #4 Fresh Beige Review

First impressions, how posh and luxurious is this packaging? True to Givenchy and its elegance, this cushion feels sturdy and classy in the palm of your hand. Not the mention the logo of Givenchy being the site of dispensing the product! Repeat after me, fancy.

Givenchy's Teint Couture Cushion in #4 Fresh Beige Review

There are 4 shades available, and I got mine in the shade #4 Fresh Beige. It does oxidise a few shades darker or so after application, so I highly recommend you trying it out and waiting a good 10-15 minutes or so after to see if it matches! I think #1/#2 would be best suited for NC20!

Givenchy's Teint Couture Cushion in #4 Fresh Beige Review

Being a NC20-25, #4 is a too dark for my skin tone. I tried to mask that with tons of brightening yellow powder and highlight. Makeup nazis, please do not attack. A gurl's gotta do what she can, y'know?

The application is super easy and quick. The product dispenses pretty evenly onto the sponge, with the aid of the givenchy logo, and goes onto the skin really nicely. When first dispensed, the product has a slight mousse-y texture and felt creamy (if that makes sense). It felt light on the skin as if nothing was applied at all.

The product is sheer and coverage is light so all my acne scars were still pretty obvious. I tried building it up and but the product failed to deliver in terms of coverage. For someone who requires coverage in a base product, this product disappointed me as the coverage I got was pretty close to negligible.

Givenchy's Teint Couture Cushion in #4 Fresh Beige Review

Givenchy's Teint Couture Cushion in #4 Fresh Beige Review

Remember how I said that the product would oxidise? After I was done with my eyes, I took a closer look in the mirror and saw that my cheeks were extremely patchy (as I tried to build up coverage on those areas) and there were dark splotches (circular shaped due to the sponge). Truth to be told, this did not please me at all. I immediately remove the base makeup and applied my W.Lab cushion over instead.

I did not try to use this cushion again as I was afraid of the same situation happening and ain't nobody got time to fix that on a daily basis. I could see this being used for touch ups through out the day (just make sure you get the right shade) as a the coverage is not very well suited for a full base application, based on my experience. However, if you're lucky to have clear skin, you could definitely give this Teint Couture Cushion a go! I can see this being a great staple in your makeup collection if you love natural and light makeup.

Most importantly : Remember to swatch this and give it a good 10-15 minutes to set so you could see the final shade after oxidation. It can get a few shades darker and pretty orangey, so make sure you get the right one!:)

No rating would be provided as I was not able to test it out fully as the shade was incompatible :(.

The Givenchy Teint Couture Cushion is available at Sephora Ion at $83.

Hope the swatches helped and thanks for dropping by! XO.
If you're planning to get it, do let me know!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

-

-