Review | Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion Review

Remember a few months back where I was denouncing BB/CC cushions? I am a total convert now.

Using a cushion for my base makes it so much faster for me to do my makeup in the morning - there is no need to find a foundation brush, pump the foundation and buff it in. I also do like the fact that many of these cushions (especially those from Korean brands) have good SPF, enabling me to skip my sunscreen application as well. 

So, when I saw this Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion on Althea Korea's website, I was extremely intrigued. A matte cushion? Yes please.

Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion Review

To be honest, I have never heard of this brand before but I figured that since it was on the list of trendy items on the site, it should be pretty popular. Besides, I had the credit (courtesy of Althea, thank you) to spare, so what is there to lose?

Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion Review

When it arrived, I was pretty excited. Like other cushions out there, it comes in a circular compact with a mirror, an application sponge, and the flip up plastic cap that prevents the product from drying out. It feels sturdy and I can see myself throwing this into my makeup bag without worrying about leakages or scratches.

Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion Review

I got mine in the shade #23 Natural Beige. It is a pretty good match to my skin (NC20-25) and there is no greyish cast after application (we all know that can be dreadful).

Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion Review

It sets really quickly, so do remember to work fast and in sections at a time so you do not end up with patches. It was no longer sticky/tacky in about a minute or so - prefect if you're rushing as ain't nobody got time to wait for our base to set before we move on. In fact, my skin felt smooth, as though there was no product on.

One thing that impressed me was the finish of the product. Despite it being a matte cushion, the finish was not entirely matte as it can make the face look dull and flat sometimes. It had a really nice satin-matte finish that resulted in me staring and admiring my skin in the mirror for a substantial period of time. It wasn't matte, but it wasn't dewy either. It was the perfect blend of both and I was like oooooh-yes-giveittome. I know, we makeup lovers, the things we do.

Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion Review

Coverage wise, I do like it. I'd say it is a light-medium coverage (1 layer) and can be built to medium-full without being cakey

It does not emphasise my dry patches nor my pores so that is definitely a plus as well. 

Singapore's hot and humid weather is really a killer - for both my soul and my makeup. This didn't separate on my skin despite all the sweating. It lasted a good 7-8 hours on me and it still looked really put together after. I did notice that there was slight patchiness around my nose (but that always happens as my nose loves to make a fuss) and on my upper lip. Other than that, all was good.

In terms of oil control, I do find that I was less oily throughout the day (especially my T zone area) as well! This does work well with oily skin and even normal skin in my opinion. I do not feel like the product is drying my skin out, yet at the same time, I do not really see any added hydration either. So my dry girls, perhaps give this a miss as I do not see it to be hydrating enough!

Overall, I am liking this Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion as it is quite and easy to apply, has good coverage and lasting power, and it doesn't separate on the skin. Not forgetting it has an SPF35 PA++, which provides ain't bad sun protection as well. I do not feel bad skipping on my sunscreen as this product has got me covered. Of course, on the days I'm feeling extra protective, I'll throw on a layer of my Clarins Sunscreen which has SPF50 PA+++ (just in case, y'know).

Chica Y Chico Matt Cushion Review

This retails for SGD$18 on Althea Korea .

You get 15g of product and I do think that for the quality, the price is very reasonable.
I would definitely recommend this for normal to oily skin ladies!



Packaging
Formulation
Coverage
Longevity
Price
Overall
8
7
7
7
8
8

Hope this was helpful and thank you for dropping by! Xo.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

-

-