Review | W.Lab White Holic Quick Whitening Cream

Friday, January 22, 2016




Being a novice at Korean beauty products, I am definitely intrigued by the large range of products available for every single purpose. Koreans arguably do have fairest skin so of course, whitening products are abundant.

To be honest, I've never really tried a whitening cream. I'm not sure why. Perhaps I've never seen the reason to considering I'm not a fan of a fair face and a tanned body.

Any who, let's move onto my thoughts about the W.Lab Whiteholic Cream!



So, firstly let's get into more details regarding this cream.

White Holic is an intensive whitening cream that helps lighten age spots, acne and uneven skin tone problems. Its rich formula nourishes the skin providing smooth, soft skin while brightening the overall texture. 


It is designed using all natural ingredients such as vitamin C, E , Glutathione, Oryza Sativa(Rise) Bran Extract, Prunus Persica(Peach) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbaddensis Leaf Extract, Licorice Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, and Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, which reduces hyperpigmentation and evens out skin tone.

For skin that lacks radiance, this powerful formula promotes a brighter and more balanced complexion optimizing the look of skin. Most importantly, White Holic is 100% natural, and contains no mercury or other banned ingredients, such as hydroquinone that could cause damage to your skin or body and works on all skin types. 

I do like the fact that it is 100% natural. Some whitening products can be too harsh on the skin and for sensitive skin peeps like me, that is a big no-no. 


Let's talk about packaging first. This comes in a simple squeeze tube, which I do enjoy, as it makes it real easy to just squeeze, rub it in and go. It is light and ain't too big, so I can see it being viable for travel.

This cream feels really lightweight and blends out with almost no effort at all. There is nothing I detest more than a heavy cream texture as the hot and humid climate in Singapore makes it the really uncomfortable to wear. Thus, I am glad that this does not feel heavy nor tacky on the skin. 



It has a light and refreshing peach scent too, which I do like. It is not overpowering and does perk me up a little in the morning when I apply this. 

Now in terms of sun protection, I can't seem to find any indication on the packaging or on the product itself. That being said, the ingredient list states that there is the presence of the active ingredient, Titanium Dioxide 2.05%. This is after all a physical sunscreen. Physical sunscreens help to protect the skin by deflecting or blocking the sun's rays. Just to be safe though, I always apply sunscreen before this. 


In terms of immediate effects, I'm really impressed by this cream. I did notice an immediate brightening effect of the skin a few moments after application. I used it after I applied my moisturiser as a primer before my makeup routine. I did find that it is hydrating enough and my skin felt really soft and hydrated thought out the day. Since it does brighten up the skin, I did feel that my makeup looked really fresh and had a glow-from-within kind of vibe, which I am digging right now. 

Can you see the difference? 

On days off where I just wanna run to the supermarket in my Pjs, I do like to dab this into my skin to reduce any redness and to brighten up the skin - aka make me look awake and more human. 

I have read that over long-term use, this cream would also result in overall skin brightening and a more even skin tone. I can't vouch for that yet, as I've only been using it for the past week or so. I will try to update here when I'm done with this tube to see if there are any long-term skin benefits! 

Overall, I do like using it as it is provides extra hydration, which is great as my skin tends to get pretty dry in some areas as I am always in an air conditioned environment for work. The brightening effect and slight glow that it gives is an added bonus too. I do recommend this for any of you who are searching for a hassle free and natural way to brighten up the skin! 

This retails for SGD$19.90 for the 50ml tube which you can get here!



 Alright, hope this review was helpful and thanks for dropping by! Till then, Xo. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

-

-