Top 5 Purple Eyeshadows of 2015

Thursday, January 07, 2016



If you know me, you would know that I just love purple shadows. They work so well with enhancing the eyes and making it look all fabulous. No kidding, I incorporate at least one purple shade into my eye looks everyday. I know I should branch out more, but the hand just involuntarily dips the brush into a purple shade, what can I do?

From my arsenal of eyeshadows, I have picked (painstakingly) my top 5 purple eyeshadows which I have been constantly using this past year. This was extremely difficult! I have tons and love so many. These shadows I've chosen in general are great in pigmentation and blendability. Lasting power for these range from 6 to 8 hours with a primer on. Lastly, I selected those that are readily available in the market so you can easily land your hands on these if you wanted to. Hope you enjoy!


Inglot Single Shadow 420

I always love Inglot's shadows - they are creamy and pigmented. Their pans are huge too, weighing 2.7g per pan, so you know you are getting a ton of product. This shade is a shimmery muted lilac that looks great all over the lid for a pop of colour without going over the top. Due to the nature of my job, I don't wanna go gaga on the eye makeup as it will not look the most professional. So subtle hints of purple, nobody can fault that!


One Way (Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 Palette) 

Everyone needs a good matte plum shade and this is it for me. I only recently purchase the Makeup Revolution Iconic 2 Palette and boy, I have been incorporating this shade into my eye makeup almost every single day. A good matte is always good to have, and let alone it being a gorgeous rich plum.


Star Violet (MAC)

This was definitely one of the MAC shades that took my breath away when I saw it in the store. This shimmery burgundy purple shadow with slight hints of brown is astoundingly beautiful. I love using this for my outer V for a super neutral look with pops of purple. It just adds depth and definition while adding hints of purple! Definitely a shadow that can be worn day or night.


Sketch (MAC)

Everyone hears about sketch and its fame is well deserved. This warm toned deep purple plum has hints of reddish shimmer which is barely noticeable upon application onto the lid. This shadow is great to add depth to your eyes without having to reach for a matte black. I love throwing this into the outer V and crease with something shimmery on the lids - a perfect neutral eye look! This works great for all over the lid for a warm plum smokey eye as well.

Morphe Brushes Single Eyeshadow in ES48 

This eyeshadow is also found in the Jaclyn Hill Palette by Morphe (last row, 3rd from the left). This shade is a beautiful shimmery amethyst that adds depth and warmth to any eye look. Considering that the Jaclyn Hill Palette did not contain a black, I constantly use this to deepen out the Outer V. Got to give credit to this shade as I used it plenty a times this year as it is such a versatile eggplant shade that really brings out the brown in my eyes.



Alright, there is another notable mention (ok, I cheated a little). I did not include this in my list of Top 5 as it is from a limited edition palette and I know it is difficult to relate if something is not easily available anymore. However, those of you who own the Too Faced Christmas set of 2014 and the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette, I just gotta share!


Bluff  (Too Faced A Few Of My Favourite Things)

Bluff is a safe purple that enables me to experiment with colour without going over the top. It is a shimmery muted purple with slight hints of mauve and taupe. This shadow looks really great on the lids for a wash of colour! Pair this with a burgundy or cranberry shade in your outer V and you've got yourself a sexy purple smokey eye.


Betrayal (Urban Decay Vice 2)

This shade is the perfect purple. It's... just pure amazing. Unicorns and rainbows amahzing. To be honest, this shade screamed my name and was the main reason why I purchased the palette. This shade is a gorgeous duo-chrome of lilac and blues. I can't even. Just look at the swatch, you'll see what I mean. This looks so pretty all over the lid or for a pop of colour on the lower lash line.


2015 was a year full of purple smokey eyes and neutral-ish lips. Let's see what 2016 brings!

Hope you enjoyed Xo.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

-

-