Gettin' Natural | Que Origin Shower Gels

Thursday, March 03, 2016



It is always nice knowing that the products used are made from natural sources, am I right? The current consumer market is pervaded by products filled with chemicals and preservatives that can be detrimental to health if we ain't careful enough. I started realising that fact when news articles kept popping up, topics such as the harmful effects of SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) and how women got ovarian cancer from using baby powder. Of course, we need to take everything with a pinch of salt and yes, not everything we read is true. However, precautions are never a bad idea.

Thus, when I heard of Que Origins, I was definitely intrigued. This is a Singaporean brand (yay!), under Benjamin Grace Ptd Ltd, dedicated to the formulation of shower gels with naturally derived ingredients.

And yes, the shower gels are free from many common harmful chemicals (some are found in the image below):



Their website has a whole list of ingredients which are in their products and what products are intentionally excluded. I do like the transparency of listing the ingredients used!

The shower gels are formulated with natural Argan Oil and are infused with botanical extracts (Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Raspberry Fruit and Grapefruit Fruit Extract). Panthenol (Vit B5) and Tocophery Acetate (Vit E) are also present in all of their shower gels and the ph is kept to PH5.5 (optimal PH for the skin!). This list is sounding pretty good to me. Besides, anything with argan oil makes me real happy.

Another positive aspect is that these shower gels involve no animal testing. Yes. Cruelty-free products always get a thumbs up from me.

Image from their product brief
There are currently 3 scent available (excluding the option where you can customise your own shower gel): Lemongrass, Lavender and Rose Geranium. The scents are derived from natural aromatic components from essential oils and not synthetic fragrances - a definite plus, as synthetic fragrances can be terribly harsh and irritable on sensitive skin! Another aspect that impressed me is the fact that these essential oils are carefully selected from Australia and are transported to Korean facilities with GMP for manufacturing! I can't imagine all the hard work (but glad for it, of course).



I gotta say, out of the 3 scents, Lavender has got to be my favourite (what else is new?). I love using this for a relaxing shower at night before bed and the scent really calms me down and gets me ready for the ultimate snooze.



The formulation of the shower gels make em' really gentle on the skin. My skin did not feel dry or tight in anyway after showering and the scent lingers for a tad, which I do love. Due to the lack of SLS, it does not lather as much as the typical shower gels out there but that does not bother me too much. There is always a give and take in any situation.


Each shower gel retails for $7.90 (250ml) or $14.80 (730ml - super worth it!). I think for all the amazing ingredients and the effort that goes into these, the product is definitely a steal! I do highly recommend it if you're on the search for products using naturally derived ingredients (as they can be difficult to find or are super pricey!). Also, supporting our local brands is definitely a plus!

To read up more on the brand and to purchase these, click here!
You can also access their Facebook page here.

For my readers, you can use the code BEAUTYBYRAH to get $3 off orders less than $10 / $5 off orders $10 and above. How's that for a good deal. ;)

Thanks for dropping by everyone and hope this post introduced you to a new brand! Xo.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-