Review | Lafine Vegetable Deep Cleansing Cream

Tuesday, July 26, 2016


We all know that vegetables are good for our health, but what about for our skin? Despite it being at the back of my mind, I was surprised to see the Lafine Deep Cleansing Cream.

Made with extracts from Parsley, Cucumber, Tomato, Carrot and Water Parsley, these products are said to be great for the skin. I was skeptical of this, so I did some research and here's what I found!

Cucumber extract is used for their skin-refreshing and cooling properties.

Parsley was used as a medicinal plant many many years ago and has the ability to balance sebum production and get rid of discolouration and contains a good amount of antioxidants.

Tomato extract is an antioxidant (but a weak one when applied topically) but to offer greater antioxidant protection, it must be combined with other antioxidants.

Carrot (seed extract) aids in removing toxin and water build up in the skin giving it a fresher more firmer appearance. 

This Deep Cleansing Cream is meant to remove makeup and dirt that are present on the surface of the skin. It comes in a large tub, which I am not a fan of as it gets messy and unhygienic. Also, remember my spew on tub packaging? Beneficial ingredients in the product gets degraded faster due to the exposure to light and air, as well as bacteria from our fingers. 


It has a light fresh scent to it, but it isn't overpowering. The texture is a thick cream with many small red and green granules, which are supposed to dissolved upon massaging the cream onto the skin. I tested with my liquid liner, non-waterproof mascara and lipstick, and I was pretty impressed by how this cream removed every bit of makeup on the skin! The skin did not feel dry not tight after washing it off either.


Looking at the ingredients, I noticed that mineral oil is the first and main ingredient. I know that mineral oil has gotten a pretty bad rep the past few years, but I did some research and it is actually fine for the skin. You can read up more on mineral oil here!

Overall, I am enjoying this deep cleansing cream and I like to use this as a first step, followed by a cleanser to double cleanse (to ensure that all the makeup and grim have been removed!).

The Lafine Vegetable Deep Cleansing Cream retails for 17000 Won (about SGD 20).

Thank you to the BNT News team for sending this over!

Till next time,





**This product was sent for a review. Only honest thoughts are shared here, with no influence from others. I am not compensated nor affliated to the brand. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

-

-