Shop my Stash // Makeup for the Week #2

Tuesday, December 20, 2016


The week before has been pretty insane but that ain't going to pull me down. With my piping hot coffee, sitting at my vanity and putting on my makeup is really a therapeutic part of my morning routine. It really does lift my spirits and gets me ready to tackle the day. No point in sulking and complaining about a long ass day, and I really do find that starting the day right is crucial in having a good day, any day. Of course, changing my makeup products up weekly also gets me excited and it is really these small things that make my week. So, let's talk about my picks for the past week!

Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue Primer
I bought this primer earlier this year while shopping in Shilla Duty Free and have not really got down to using it much. This primer is said to help mattify the skin and reduce the appearance of pores. In my opinion, this is not as great when compared to the Porefessional for minimising the appearance of texture and pores on the skin. It does help to control my oiliness and I do find my T zone and cheeks to be less shiny whenever I use this.

Loreal Infallible 24H Stay Fresh Foundation
This foundation has crept up my favourites list despite using it for about a week or so! I am really enjoying the finish and its lasting power. Look out for an in-depth review of this foundation which will be up tomorrow, and I'll be sure to link to my review of the L'Oreal Infallible 24H Stay Fresh Liquid Foundation here when it is published.

Urban Decay Primer Potion
I busted out this oldie but a goodie. I still remember how I felt when I first purchased this. It was a product that transitioned me into a makeup "adult" if you will. This primer does its job of prolonging and intensifying the eyeshadows that are applied. It received a lot of hype a few years back. However, many other companies came out with affordable and equally good eye primers recently and I probably would not repurchase this when this runs out.

Ps. If you're wondering about that binder clip, it is because my packaging somehow split open and I didn't want the primer to dry out! Gotta make use of what you have, y'know?

Zoeva Caramel Melange Palette
When I saw this on Sephora's website, my heart felt all fuzzy when I laid my eyes on those warm toned shades. Bring on the oranges and warm browns! I have to say, these eyeshadows really did blow me away. This is my first eyeshadow palette from Zoeva, and I am very impressed by the blendability and pigmentation of these shadows. The shade, Liquid Center, reminded me of the Makeup Geek foiled eyeshadows. It was truly intense and shimmery! If you would like, you can check out my review and swatches of the Zoeva Caramel Melange Palette here.

Makeup Geek x Kathleen Lights Highlight Palette
I do like highlighting palettes as they provide a few options all in one accessible product and I can simply mix it up by dipping my brush in two or more shades. This palette has been fantastic so far. The highlights feel creamy when swatched and they show up nicely on the skin. For a higher intensity, I simply dip my brush back in and apply the highlight twice. The shades do not emphasise uneven skin textures and pores and it isn't glittery, which I am a huge fan of.


Hope your week went great and remember that the most basic choice of all is really how to approach the day when we wake up!

Till then,


SaveSave

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-