DIY Facial Mist // First Cosmetics Mulbit Vitamin Sparkling Mist Review

Monday, February 27, 2017

First Cosmetics Mulbit Vitamin Sparkling Mist Review

I have been into facial mists and sprays recently as they are able to replenish the moisture to the skin throughout the day and help the melt the makeup into the skin, making it look more "natural" and less cakey. Thus, when I saw the First Cosmetics Mulbit Vitamin Sparkling Mist in my BNT Beauty Box, I was pretty excited as I have not encountered such a concept before.

First Cosmetics Mulbit Vitamin Sparkling Mist Review

First Cosmetics Mulbit Vitamin Sparkling Mist Review

The Mulbit Sparkling Vitamin Mist comes in box, with a bottle full of 90 vitamin capsules and another empty spray bottle. According to the diagrams in the instructions, as everything else was in Korean, you're supposed to fill the spray bottle up with water and add two vitamin capsules into it to make you own bottle of vitamin mist! I am not sure as to how long the mist can be kept after though, but I found that 2/3 of bottle usually lasts for about a week or so.

First Cosmetics Mulbit Sparkling Vitamin Mist Review

I managed to find a video regarding this vitamin mist and turns out, different coloured capsules are supposed to be used for various purposes. 

Green : Anti-wrinkle properties
Blue: Regenerating properties
Yellow: Brightening
Pink: Helps to strengthen the skin barrier

Mulbit Vitamin Sparkling Mist Review

This Mulbit Vitamin Sparkling Mist comes with 90 tablets, so if you follow the instructions and use 2 for any concoction, this set will last you for a while!

I couldn't really pick the capsules out as the crystal-eque bottle that they come in has a really narrow hole. So I simply shake it till 2 tablets come out. This time, I got yellow and blue so I just simply popped them in.


I filled about 2/3 of the spray bottle up with distilled water and added the vitamins capsule to it. It fizzes up, resulting in quite a bit of effervescence. Once it settles and the capsules are fully dissolved, I capped it and there I have my own customised facial mist!

I like to leave the bottle uncapped for about an hour or so to let the capsules fully dissolve and for the carbonated gas to fully escape. Do not cap it too early or it could ruin the nozzle of the spray due to the pressure!

First Cosmetics Mulbit Vitamin Sparkling Mist Review

There are a few ways to use this mist. It can be sprayed directly onto the skin, onto a cotton pad before swiping that all over as a toner, or simply sprayed into the palms of your hands and pat it into the skin.

I do like the spray bottle that it comes with, as it is clear so that I can see the remaining amount of product left as well as if the capsules are still fizzing. The spray is decent, but do be careful as a good amount of product comes out at once.

Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Carbonate, Glucose, Sucrose, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, PEG-150, Trehalose, Adenosine, Niacinamide, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Biotin, Riboflavin, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Powder, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Fruit Powder, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Powder, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Fragrance, CI 16185, CI 19140, CI 15985, CI 42090

There are some notable ingredients such as Adenosine which is a skin restoring agent that has anti-wrinkle benefits, Niacinamide which has the ability improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines, dullness, and a weakened skin surface, and Hydrolysed Collagen. It does contain fragrance though, which I am not a fan of. The scent is a little overpowering for me and it smells a tad too sweet for my liking.

To be honest, I am not exactly sure about this product. It really feels like I am spraying scented water onto my face and I do not really see any difference when it comes to improving the skin. I did try spraying this over my makeup to remove the cakiness and it worked fine, but then again, so does rose water or any water spray. I also like to use this to damp my beauty blender, if I am feeling horribly lazy that day.

First Cosmetics Mulbit Vitamin Sparkling Mist Review

I have been using this for about 2 weeks now, with me creating a new concoction at the beginning of each week. The effects are close to negligible and I really do not see the point in it. Thus, this product is a dud for me. 

Have you tried it? Do let me know! Maybe I am not using it the wrong way. I am not too sure. 

Till then, 





**This product was sent for a review. Only honest thoughts are shared here, with no influence from others. I am not compensated nor affliated to the brand. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-