L'Oreal True Match Blur Cream and True Match Cushion Review

Saturday, May 13, 2017

L'Oreal True Match Blur Cream and True Match Cushion Review Singapore

I have been really into using cushions recently, as they just make application a breeze and save me a substantial amount of time in the morning. I can still remember the time where I wouldn't even give foundation or BB cushions a second look as they did not impressed me to begin with but oh, how times have changed.

Recently in May, L'Oreal Singapore finally launched the True Match Blur Cream and True Match Cushion. Needless to say, I was excited to try both out. Do note, this True Match cushion is different from the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion that was all the rage in YouTube last year. I really wanted to try that one out but unfortunately, it isn't launched here. It could be because of our tropical climate, and the True Match Lumi is known to give a dewy finish, which can turn into a grease pan effect real quick here. L'Oreal is known for customising the formulation for the Asian market to suit the climate and trends in Asia, so that's my guess.

The True Match Blur Cream is a primer that is supposed to help smooth and refine the look of skin texture by blurring the appearance of pores. According to the product description, it has a tinted mousse-cream texture which spreads easily on the skin and is non-greasy. I have to say, the texture of this primer is pretty odd. I was expecting something similar to that of Benefit Porefessional or MUFE Smoothing Primer, but this blur cream wasn't exactly it. In fact, I can't really think of a way to describe it but you can see the texture of it in the picture below. Either way, this primer is decent in blurring the appearance of pores and helping the foundation go on smoother. It does have a silicon feel to it and I like to press it into the skin around my T-zone and cheek area where I have uneven skin texture. It does do a decent job of blurring it slightly and I do notice a slight difference. I did not notice any difference in wear times of my foundation so in my opinion, it does not extend the lasting power of my base. However, it doesn't impress me and I still prefer my Benefit and MUFE one over this.

L'Oreal True Match Blur Cream Review Singapore

The True Match Cushion is said to have a silky finish to the skin while providing 24 hours lasting hydration without compromising on the coverage. Interestingly, the product description also states that this contains an ultra-fine matte hybrid powder that helps to absorb excess sebum throughout the day, aiding in oil control and helping the makeup to look fresh all day. It also claims to be non-comedogenic and suitable for sensitive skin. It sounds good.

L'Oreal True Match Cushion Review Singapore

This comes in a typical circular cushion packaging with silver mirrored cover. It does look sleek but it is fingerprint galore. There are 3 shades available - N1 Nude Ivory, G1 Gold Ivory and G3 Gold Vanilla. Really glad that there is a darker shade available as most cushions are always too light on my skin as I am pretty tanned thanks to the pool. I do find G3 Gold Vanilla to be pretty suitable for my skin tone (still a little light though so I do bronze it up a tad), and I am roughly NC30-35 in MAC for reference.

L'Oreal True Match Blur Cream and True Match Cushion Review Singapore

The cushion sponge is saturated with product. I mean drenched. I lightly pressed my fingers onto the cushion and a good amount of product was dispensed. I rarely ever use the given sponge applicator to apply any cushion product as I just like to stick to my typical beauty sponge. Since the cushion sponge is so saturated with product, I simply need to lightly dab into the product and it is sufficient for me to cover half of my face. It blends nicely and since the formulation is pretty thin and fluid, it feels extremely lightweight on the skin. The coverage is really good. I have pretty red blemishes and acne scars on my cheeks and this covers it up pretty well. In fact, this performs better than my highest coverage cushion, which is The Face Shop CC Intense Cover Cushion (read more about that here)! It does not mask it completely (an effect that I rarely seek for anyway), but it eliminates the redness and spots without looking heavy or cakey.

L'Oreal True Match Blur Cream and True Match Cushion in G3 Gold Vanilla Review Singapore

After application (2 dabs into the cushion sponge, one layer and I'm good), I let it set while I do my eyes. After a while, I noticed that it sets to a soft matte finish on the skin. My skin still felt slightly tacky so I still highly recommend a light dusting of powder regardless. It does not cling onto my dry patches around my nose and in between my eyebrows either, so that's a huge plus.

After playing with this cushion for about 2 weeks, I have to say that the staying power is really decent. It lasts for a good amount of time on the skin (the longest I've worn it was 11 hours and it still looked pretty good without obvious patches) and its oil control properties do perform better than the rest of my cushions and some of my foundations. I rarely blot throughout the day, and I noticed that the area along my nose and cheeks were less shiny and greasy if you will as compared to other days. I did play around with different powders, so I have to attribute this win to the cushion foundation itself.

L'Oreal True Match Cushion in G3 Gold Vanilla Review Singapore

This cushion also has an SPF 33 PA+++, which is decent but I always say to use your own sun protection as the heat is intense here in Singapore. Also, the more the merrier - the protection lasts longer when you later sun care products.

The L'Oreal True Match Blur Cream retails for SGD 23.90 and True Match Cushion retails for SGD 30.90.

I do like it a lot and I do recommend it if you're on the hunt for a base. I foresee myself bringing this along with me to Europe next month as it is reliable, travel friendly and fuss-free.

What do you think? Do any of these True Match products interest you?

Till then,





**These products were sent via PR. Only honest thoughts are shared here, with no influence from others. I am not compensated nor affliated to the brand. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-