May Favourites // Tarte, NYX, Makeup Revolution, Colourpop and More

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Morphe Y14, Kicho Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream, Labiotte Wine Lip Tint Review

I know I probably say the same thing every time but it is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that May has come to an end. Time disappears in a blink of an eye, especially when I am working and living week by week. Half the year is almost up, and I can still starkly remember myself writing down my resolutions and goals in January, which was an astounding 5 months ago.

Enough rambling about time, but here are some favourites that I have been thoroughly enjoying the past month.

Morphe Y14 Pro Detail Highlighting Brush and NYX Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter in Crystal Glare Review

Labiotte Wine Lip Tints

I have spoken about these tints before and they work lovely on providing me with a lasting colour on the lips without drying them out. These tints are easy to work with and are fairly affordable. You can read more about my thoughts and swatches here.

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer 

So this concealer had broken the internet the past few months and at first, I was really sceptical as everyone was talking about it and loving it. Everyone. People with dry skin to oily skin, and I have to admit, I even got a little irritated seeing it on almost every video. However, Tarte finally restocked it on their website and since they were having a 30% discount and I was picking up some items, I decided to add this to cart despite it not being eligible for the promotion. I got mine in the shade light-medium honey which is a really nice highlighting shade for my skin tone.

And yes, I get the hype. This concealer has an insanely good coverage. It even surpasses my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer and my Saem Cover Tip Perfection Concealer (review here), which is extremely impressive. My dark circles are tricky to work with and for most concealers, the darkness peeks through if I do not do the extra step of colour correcting. I find that that Tarte concealer covers it nicely and I do not see the need to layer under a salmon corrector or apply an extra layer of banana powder to brighten the area up. This does crease minimally on me as well. I do have to say that you need to prep the undereye area well with an eye cream before using this, as this concealer is pretty thick and can be a tad drying if the area isn't sufficiently hydrated. Also, work fast! This concealer does set pretty quickly. I got this for SGD36 off Tarte's website.

NYX Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter in Crystal Glare

I was browsing Sephora recently when I saw these in the newly launched section for NYX. As I am currently a fan of the subtle, natural glow on the skin, I decided to pick this up and test it out. I got mine in the shade Crystal Glare which is a light golden champagne shade. The formulation goes onto the skin nicely and blends easily. I like to use this on days where I am feeling extremely lazy as I skip on foundation. I just dab a little of this onto the tops of the cheekbones, add a little cream blush and I walk out the door. Or if I feel a little more hardworking, I'll add a thin layer of powder foundation over. This does give the skin a really natural and subtle glow, without looking greasy or overly shimmery. Do note, this is not anything extremely shimmery, so topping over a powder highlight would give the added touch of glow to the skin while extending the wear. I got this for SGD 14, which is definitely affordable and worth a try!

Colourpop Pressed Shadows, Morphe Y14, NYX Liquid highlighter and Kicho Ultra Moisturizing Sun CreamReview

Colourpop Single Eyeshadows

I have purchased quite a few Colourpop pressed eyeshadows recently (in batches, as I keep finding myself wanting more). These are absolutely lovely. They are creamy when swatched with my finger (not to the extent of say, Lorac, but these are most definitely not dry) and pigmentation is superb. These are pretty soft as well, causing it to have some powder kickback when I dip my brush into the pan. Nothing to complain about at all, given the price tag of USD 5. These pans do contain less product than a typical Makeup Geek, Morphe or MAC eyeshadow but I do think that it is a great option to get a large variety of colours without breaking the bank.

If you're interested, in the image above, from left to right:
Top :Sideline, High Strung, Silver Lining, Best Coast Scenario, Wait For It, Note To Self, Wakeup Call
Bottom: Stay Golden, Making Moves, Popular Demand, Made To Last 

Makeup Revolution Radiance Palette

As a fan of the subtle highlight recently, I've beens shopping my stash for highlighters that can impart a healthy glow to the skin without any over-the-top shimmer or glitter. This Makeup Revolution palette definitely hits the mark here. This is a supposed dupe for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (which I can't attest to as I do not own the latter) but I have to say that the concept is definitely similar. These powders are meant to give the complexion a soft and natural illumination, and I think that's exactly what they do. I especially love the middle shade, Exhale, for a highlight on the tops of the cheekbones. This adds a radiant glow to the skin that isn't obvious or harsh in any way. This palette is really affordable too. I got mine for £8 from Superdrug when I was in London, but this also retails for about SGD 15 on Tam Beauty's Website.

Side note, the brush with the gold ferrule you see in the images is the Morphe Y14 Pro Detail Highlight Brush. I've been using it quite a bit to apply my highlighter these days too!

Makeup Revolution Radiance Palette Review Natural Highlight  Singapore

Kicho Sun Protection Cream*

I've spoken about this sun cream before [review here] but this is a product that I did not go a day without for the past 1.5 months. This sun cream is extremely lightweight on the skin and there is no white cast after application. It also works lovely under makeup and I am really a big fan of the ease of application!

Podcasts

Sometimes it's difficult to bust out a book to read, be it at the gym or in a crowded train. I have recently discovered the whole world of podcasts and I am seriously enjoying it. There are so many options and I was extremely spoilt for choice. I am quite a fan of listening to interviews as it helps to get more perspective. I highly recommend this one with Pixiwoo on the Emma Guns Show, as it was my first ever podcast and I learnt so much.

I have not included much skincare as my skincare routine is pretty standard and I'm a little hesitant about incorporating new products currently as my skin has been breaking out slightly. I do have a some skincare items that I am really thrilled to try out and they are going to be featured in a post that is coming up real soon.

Morphe Y14 ,Kicho Ultra Moisturizing Sun Cream, Nyx Crystal Glare and Labiotte Wine Lip Tint Review

I hope that May was good for you and let's embrace June together! Till then,





* PR / Gifted Items 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Share with me your thoughts :

-

-